Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Terrible Tuesdays

All cross country runners at my school seem to be moody on Tuesdays. 
This is because Speed Days are on Tuesdays. 
Cue horror music. 

Speed days: can't live with them, can't SUCCEED without them. 
As much as I dislike them, I stuck with them at practice today.
We ran 6 800s. I kept all of them (except for the 4th, which was about 3 seconds over) under 4 minutes. 

But the annoying thing about speed days is how hungry I stay afterward. 
I ate SOOO much food afterward and I'm still hungry!!!!!

Does anyone know how to fix this?!

Also, just on a curious note, how many calories (ballpark) do you consume per day as an athlete. 
People always tell me 2,000 per day is the standard, but I usually eat between 1400 and 1800 depending on the day's level of hunger. At this point, I don't want to lose weight, I'd just be happy with maintaining. But I'm just nervous that I'll overestimate my calories and put on more weight. 

1 comment:

  1. I try to aim for 1,800 to 2,000 a day but you're right, it's hard. When I'm eating healthy, I end up being too low and then I go out and eat and bam, I've consumed all my calories in one sitting.

    I am trying to increase my protein intake to curb my hunger but I'm in the same boat, I feel like I'm starving constantly.

    ReplyDelete